Thursday, November 11, 2010

Amazon Banning One Vile Ebook: A Victory For?. What Exactly?

Well, that was exciting wasn?t it? Less than 24 hours after we, and twenty billion other media outlets, reported on the presence of a ?guide to pedophilia? on Amazon, it looks like the retail giant may have�decided to withdraw it from sale. If the reports are true then parents can sleep easy in their beds: with the removal of one putrid,�misspelled�ebook, the Internet is now completely free of pedophiles. Except, of course, it isn't. I was going to leave this story alone. Partly I wanted to avoid the frothing ire of the ?YOU?RE JUST DRAWING MORE PUBLICITY TO SOMETHING BAD? crowd (yes, drawing attention to bad things is what we're supposed to do). Partly, too, I didn't want to write another post that puts me at odds with my esteemed TechCrunch collegues. Mainly, though, my reason for wanting to give the story a wide berth is because - for all the sound and fury over this sick, twisted little tome being on sale - I still haven?t heard anyone adequately explain what all the fuss is about.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/EQ6wsJCsEEw/

PRICELINECOM QIMONDA QUALCOMM QUANTA COMPUTER RESEARCH IN MOTION

No comments:

Post a Comment