Monday, August 22, 2011

Software Is Eating All the Jobs Too

ImageShack-share-photos-pictures-free-image-hosting-free-video-hosting-image-hosting-video-hosting-photo-image-hosting-site-video-hosting-siteA few months ago I was giving a talk in my hometown of Memphis, TN, and someone asked what the city could do to ignite more entrepreneurship among inner city kids. My immediate answer was teach coding-- even basic app building skills-- along with English and Math in every public school. I was surprised that my brother-- an engineer who worked for many years in Silicon Valley before relocating to the Midwest-- didn't necessarily agree. "That depends on whether there are still enough coding jobs for them, or they've all gone overseas," he said. It was then that the great American panic of a few years ago came rushing back to me.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/ZVIpm9VQYVQ/

VOLT INFORMATION SCIENCES VISHAY INTERTECHNOLOGY VIRGIN MEDIA VIEWSONIC VERISIGN

No comments:

Post a Comment