Thursday, January 20, 2011

What the Zuk: KeePass is an essential tool for your online security

keepass
What the Zuk is a (very) occasional feature, in which I review software that I have been using for many years, and which is instrumental for my work. These are the first tools I install on every new system, the reliable work-horse applications I turn to for every need. In each installment I will explain what makes this particular program special, and why I find it so vital for my computing experience.

You need a password manager!

If you already use a password manager (such as LastPass), feel free to skip this part. But if you don't currently use one, let me reiterate: you need a password manager.

Saying "safeguarding your identity online is important" is almost like saying "wearing a seat belt is important"; that's quite an understatement to make. There's no lack of incentive: 2010 had some very high-profile security breaches, and it may very well be that your account (or a loved one's account) was impacted.

Continue reading What the Zuk: KeePass is an essential tool for your online security

What the Zuk: KeePass is an essential tool for your online security originally appeared on Download Squad on Sun, 02 Jan 2011 14:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2011/01/02/what-the-zuk-keepass-is-an-essential-tool-for-your-online-security/

VISHAY INTERTECHNOLOGY VIRGIN MEDIA VIEWSONIC VERISIGN VERIFONE HOLDINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment